There’s always tomorrow, I’ll get to it later, I have more pressing things on my plate to deal with. Those are the things I have said to myself over and over again. But sadly sometimes there isn’t going to be a later. We only have the now and we will regret to taking the time to improve our well being. To nurture our soul.
In the past 6 months I have personally experienced and have seen friends experience some very scary health problems.
I myself have had trigeminal neuralgia, a virus in my body that would essentially electrocute half my face whenever it felt like it. This pain would drop me to the floor, curled up in a ball crying for 3 minutes until it passed. With 10-15 occurrences each day.
My husband was in a severe accident that could have left him with brain injuries or not even alive
I have had 2 friends in their 30s have a heart attack. How can someone so young suffer a heart attack?
I have had friends suffer from a stroke, not survive their heart attack and seen cancer take amazing people from this world. All this in the past 6 months.
It’s the time for resolutions this year and upon reflection I don’t think “resolution” that is the right word.
It is the time for self appreciation.
The time for self care.
The time for love and compassion.
It is time to make a healthy change for yourself.
There is no overnight fix and that is ok. But what there is, is the commitment to making yourself a healthier happier person. Committing to yourself that you are going to consciously make the change to love yourself.
So today’s post is all about 10 ways you can take care of yourself so you are healthier, happier and ready for living in the moment. No regrets.
- Be Serious About Exercise – This is such a hard one, but if you can make it a week then you can make it another, and another. You can go hard if that works for you or you can go slower and do yoga or walks. Any exercise is getting you moving and your heart feeling good.
- Meditate – This has become super popular in the must do list, but I have a feeling the actual doing is where we are falling off track. Find a quiet place, you can sit, lay down, close the office door. Wherever. Just let your thoughts quiet for 5 minutes. Focus on your breathing. Every breathe in brings in happiness, positivity and good health. Every exhale relieves your body of toxins, allows your brain to calm and releases any negativity. This simple practice just allows the crazy hustle of life to hold for a moment so you can tackle it feeling refreshed.
- Turn Your Phone Off – So guilty over here! We have become so accustomed to constant stimulation that it’s hard to be quiet. To stop at a red light without the desire to check our phones. We can’t even make it through TV commercials without being bored and popping on social media. All this constant stimulation is not good for the brain and is affecting our sleep patterns. It is also affecting our relationships. We are addicted to the phone and missing out on life. So put your phone down. My goal is to shut off after dinner. Make that family time.
- Date Night – Making time for your loved ones is what makes your heart happy. Plan a date night with your hubby or a date night with your kiddos. It can be going out or just enjoying a movie at home. As long as you are doing it together and making it special that’s all that you need.
- Essential Oils– I love having a selection of essential oils to choose from to help perk up your mood. Lavender, Peppermint & Eucalyptus are my favourite. I would recommend getting a diffuser to spread the scent through out the room.
- Friends Time– A couple years ago I did a happiness project where I spent each month focusing on areas in my life I thought could improve. One was time with my friends. So that mount I made sure to focus on coffee dates, wine nights and just girl time. I felt so much more connected to my friends and it was one of the most impactful months on my happiness that I had.
- Pursue Your Passions– It’s really easy to push off our passions to the side to keep up with life. Make time for what makes you happy, if it’s blogging then do that because it sets your soul on fire. If it’s reading then pick a book a month. That is doable. No matter what it is allow yourself to enjoy that.
- Eat Healthier– When you eat healthier food not only will your body and health thank you but you will see an increase in your energy, drive and happiness. I find that carbs make me tired and slow so I try to avoid those. I love vegetables and fruit so I try to make sure those make it into my diet for sure. Pay attention to what you eat and how you feel afterwards. Eat was makes you feel good and skip what doesn’t.
- Treat Yourself– Set mini goals for yourself, if you ate healthy all week treat yourself to a glass of wine. If you made it through the month and you have worked hard at being a healthier happier you then treat yourself. Make your goals fun by having a special reward for keeping up with it.
- Affirmations– What’s going on in your life? What affirmation could you say to yourself to brighten your mood? Help you achieve your goal? I’m busy working on A Beautiful Inspiration Collection so I am telling myself
“You are empowering, you are spreading the message of thankfulness and encouraging women to live the life they deserve”
This keeps my message strong, this keeps me grounded and in turn I am more empowered to live the life I love and the thankful for my community.
Everyones message is different but by repeating these affirmations to yourself you are motivated to keep going.
SHOP TODAY’S LOOK
I have totally fallen in love with Beach House! I have several items including a few swimsuits, workout tops and dresses.
- Beach House Capri Pants – Love the higher waist, they ruched bottoms and how great they feel on.
- Beach House Warrior Print Top – This is a great length, great fit and also comes with padding in the cups which I always love and appreciate!
- Nike Purple Sneakers – These are the best sneakers and great for running!
Your health is so important and something we always take for granted. You can always start at any time to be healthier and happier so make the change today.
Love your life and live empowered!