Don’t Wish Away A Busy Week – Appreciate it

absolutely adore this gorgeous crossed burgundy tunic and the leopard watch combo! This last week has really been crazy! Just a lot on my plate which tends to cause me anxiety and stress.. All of it is manageable but unforutnaltey I tend to stress myself out when I have a big to do list no matter how easy or hard it might be to take on. I even at one point responded to a friends request to get together with I believe a bunch of mumbo jumbo because i just could not process adding anything onto my plate. Maybe I have a hard time saying no, I really did want to get together but at the time I just couldn’t even think about adding another thing.

What I did realize after wishing the week to be over was that I was missing out on a lot of really fun things. Like this last week was my first week shooting outfit posts with a professional photographer , um hello that is a dream come true for a fashion blogger! And I was kind a wishing it away because the stress of prepping for it, and maybe being awkward in front of the camera was scaring me away? I had so much fun, stepped out of my shell and stepped out of my backyard. I even did the last outfit photos in front of a window of the public library… at the same time as a bus let out, which meant people inside the library watching  me and people walking away from the bus were stopping and watching. Totally out of my comfort zone but it made me realize I can totally do this… A little girl power self empowerment going on over here!

Next time you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed take a second to breathe, realize how blessed you are and how fun the week could be if you looked at it from a different perspective. Don’t wish away the week because you can be wishing away so much fun, empowerment, love and happiness. Tackle what you have and just take a little bit of time for yourself to centre and relax… it could be just a coffee and a book for 5 minutes. Wouldn’t that be a heavenly break in a crazy day?

I also recommend checking out sound cloud… my girlfriend knows a friend (haha how many times have you heard that) who does guided meditation on sound cloud, her name is Michelle Kirsch. I tried it last week and it worked wonders. Just helps you refocus and revitalize. You can take on whatever comes at you!! I know you can and if you need to re-evaluate then do it over a coffee and a book! You got this girl!

I’d love to chat with you more about your struggles and what you use to help calm yourself! The more you share the more it helps you, me and everyone in this community so leave a comment and let’s get chatting! xo Jen

15 Comments on Don’t Wish Away A Busy Week – Appreciate it

1. Jessica
    October 24, 2016 at 2:17 pm (11 months ago)

I would always rather be busy than bored! It makes the week go by faster and you are so much more accomplished by the end of it!
    xo Jessica

October 24, 2016 at 3:31 pm (11 months ago)

Totally agree! Way better being busy, sometimes it just makes me a little crazy lol.

2. Deboshree
    October 24, 2016 at 2:20 pm (11 months ago)

Beautiful post! Thanks for keeping us all motivated! 🙂

October 24, 2016 at 3:30 pm (11 months ago)

I’m so glad it could motivate your morning!! Life can get crazy and sometimes we just need to remember to enjoy the ride! Have a lovely week!

3. April
    October 24, 2016 at 4:51 pm (11 months ago)

This post is the motivation I need to get through the week. My weeks are always so hectic that I can’t wait for them to be over.

4. Nicole Leffew
    October 24, 2016 at 6:12 pm (11 months ago)

This is awesome! I would much rather be busy than bored too! I feel better when I clean and organize. Is that weird? Lol

5. Debbie Savage
    October 24, 2016 at 8:12 pm (11 months ago)

Hi Jennifer! I am so proud of you!!! I totally remember my first photo shoot in Laguna Beach wearing a swimsuit and changing on the beach with my photographer wrapping a towel around me while tourists were looking! Now, try that! Ha, ha! I love that you are pushing yourself out of your comfort zone! I am doing the same thing! And everytime I do something that scares me the results are absolutely beautiful! Love ya!

October 27, 2016 at 5:12 pm (11 months ago)

Your first photo shoot in public was in a swimsuit!! Wow that is amazing!! Thinking that might take a while before that happens lol. But agree it was great to push myself out of my comfort zone and really have fun with it. And the photos I love!! xo Jen

6. Krista Williams
    October 24, 2016 at 11:23 pm (11 months ago)

I love this so much! I completely agree with you – wishing and waiting for the weekend is the death of me! I think it’s so important to find joys in the days – every one of them.

Great post lady!
    Congrats on the shoot too! I love it!
    xoxo
    Krista

October 27, 2016 at 5:11 pm (11 months ago)

awe thanks Krista!!! I think as bloggers it’s hard to not get overwhelmed with all the things we want to do so it’s great to take some time to enjoy it! And thanks for the photos shoot comment!! I had so much fun!!

7. Caroline
    October 25, 2016 at 2:12 am (11 months ago)

I love this!!! Great advice and a great reminder not to wish things away!

October 27, 2016 at 5:10 pm (11 months ago)

Hope it inspired you this week! There are so many great things to be thankful for and I just don’t want to let them pass by without appreciating it!

8. Jessica
    October 25, 2016 at 2:40 am (11 months ago)

Hi Jen, great Monday inspiration! And congratulations on your professional photoshoot; that is amazing! I can’t wait to see the photos 🙂 And I have the same stresses & am completely self-conscious with taking photos in public–thus, my photos started in my backyard and have slowly migrated to the sidewalk just outside of my place.

~Jessica | http://www.petitestylescript.com/

October 27, 2016 at 5:10 pm (11 months ago)

Awe thank you!! It’s so easy to get stuck in your head and get stressed about it but it was so much fun and now I only want to do my photos out in public! They look so much better!