How To Wear A Bodycon Dress In The Winter

This is how you rock a long cardigan! A must have wardrobe piece

Hey Beauties!! How excited are you that it is Wednesday and Christmas is coming up!! I am so excited!! I wish you could hear me actually say that first line lol… Picture me almost singing my excitement about Christmas! Anyways onto today’s post! Another fun reason to be excited is because today I am talking about how to wear a bodycon dress in the winter!

Having some versatility in my closet is key and having outfits that you can wear in the summer and then restyle them for colder weather like I did in today’s post is so important. I do find that all my bodycon dresses are made of thin material which makes it really cold in the winter, and if I’m cold there’s a good chance it will never make it out of my closet. So putting in the effort to make them versatile just gives you more style year round.

I paired this black and white striped bodycon dress with a long cardigan and of course some black tights just to keep my legs warm. For accessories I always love a good statement necklace so I added the very pretty S&D Gala Statement necklace which has almost a snowflake like look to it and matches my white metallic exotic pouch. Then to finish off the look I used my burgundy booties. Seriously these booties were the best buy! I wasn’t sure how much wear I would get out of them and was almost thinking of getting straight black to ensure I would wear them regularly but I went for the burgundy and it was such a good decision. I wear them so much and absolutely adore them! Don’t be afraid to have fun with your footwear!

My Style:
Black & White Bodycon Dress From Sweet Jolie, old (similar, similar), Long Cardigan From Target old (similar, similar), Burgundy Booties old (similar), Stella & Dot Gala Statement Necklace, Exotic Pouch and Smokey Sparkle Studs (these are my favourite)

Stripes and a gorgeous statement necklace! Yes please!
Stripes and a gorgeous statement necklace! Yes please! How to wear a bodycon dress in the winter! How to wear a bodycon dress in the winter!Stripes and a gorgeous statement necklace! Yes please!
How to wear a bodycon dress in the winter! How to wear a bodycon dress in the winter!Stripes and a gorgeous statement necklace! Yes please! How to wear a bodycon dress in the winter!
Love this statement necklace and that clutch! Such pretty accessories

These are my favourite go to earrings! Stella & Dot Smokey Sparkle Studs

Hope you loved today’s look! I’d love to hear what you loved, how you would style it or what you would like to see next!

Please comment below, subscribe to my blog and share with your friends!! xo Jen

10 Comments on How To Wear A Bodycon Dress In The Winter

1. nicole
    December 14, 2016 at 3:36 pm (5 months ago)

Super cute dress! I also love your curls!
    ClassToCloset

2. Taylor Aube
    December 16, 2016 at 1:16 pm (5 months ago)

This is so fabulous and you look amazing in the bodycon dress. I love how you styled it with super cute booties and that cardi! So chic!

3. Angelle Marix
    December 18, 2016 at 10:28 pm (5 months ago)

You look So pretty in this striped dress!! Love how you Styled it!!

xoxo,
    Angelle

4. Helena Marz
    December 20, 2016 at 10:10 pm (5 months ago)

Girl l love bodycon dresses and this necklace is super gorgeous! Very well put together outfit❤️ Xo

5. Helena Marz
    December 30, 2016 at 2:33 pm (5 months ago)

I love your ideas on how to wear a Bodycon dress in the winter time and how you can pair it with anything like a sweater or a vest and even add a belt to give a different look. I love wearing these type of dresses to work and they are super comfy! 😊 Have a very Happy New Year!❤️ Xo

6. Jenny
    December 31, 2016 at 6:53 am (5 months ago)

Very cute dress I like how you combined it with those booties. 👍🏼

January 9, 2017 at 9:21 pm (5 months ago)

Thanks so much Jenny!!

7. Pentené
    January 2, 2017 at 10:06 pm (5 months ago)

You look absolutely lovely in your body con dress! I’m all about versatility and you nailed it on this post. I totally adore how you paired it with that gorgeous Stella & Dot statement piece. Xoxo

January 9, 2017 at 9:20 pm (5 months ago)

Thank you!! I love body con dresses and totally gravitate to them but unless are a little creative with them I think they tend to have a fancy look to them and people only wear them for fancy occasions. It’s nice to dress things down for the everyday.