Blue Winter Jacket & Why You Should Have A Bright Jacket

love that tote! Stella & Dot Hudson Tote

I have this beautiful vibrant blue winter jacket that I have had for years. Every year I wear it and absolutely love it and somehow it is still in amazing condition. I also have this standard black jacket and a white creamy jacket which are also just beautiful but this blue jacket is just something amazing. It wasn’t until I started blogging fashion that I really realized how special this jacket is or how special any unique, bright coloured jacket would be. Everyone has a black jacket, a lot of people have a cream jacket. Not many people have a blue jacket, a pretty forest green jacket, a blush, a red or a fuchsia. Those jackets are special. They provide a pop of colour amongst the black. They provide a burst of energy on a cold, white snowy day. They give happinessΒ when the sky is grey and gloomy.

Every year I am not shopping for a winter jacket but always looking. I have cold winters for far to long which means I am bundled up in this jacket every single day so I like to look and see what is out there. What styles are available. I was thinking it would be nice to have another black long jacket with a leather trim. That style of jacket looks so chic.

BUT then it dawned on me. Why?

I get so many compliments on my bright blue jacket. I love the pop of colour. I love pairing it with a pretty bright pink scarf. It just makes me happy.

So I have decided that I may never go back to a standard jacket again. I want bright, fun and happy! So today I am sharing some bright popping jackets you might just fall in love with too!

MY STYLE:
Blue Jacket old (burgundy, olive green, coral, forest green, cobalt blue), Pink Scarf (light pink, raspberry), Rag & Bone Jeans, Lucky Brand Over The Knee Boots, My Stella & Dot Hudson Tote

Love this bright coloured blue winter jacket Love this bright coloured blue winter jacket Love this bright coloured blue winter jacket love that tote! Stella & Dot Hudson Tote pretty pink scarf! Gorgeous over the knee boots Love this bright coloured blue winter jacket Love this bright coloured blue winter jacket

If you could find a dream winter jacket what colour would it be?
xo Jen

15 Comments on Blue Winter Jacket & Why You Should Have A Bright Jacket

1. Gretchen
    January 18, 2017 at 3:49 pm (3 months ago)

You are right, I have a black and a cream! I need a fun pop of color in my winter wardrobe and a jacket would be perfect! This jacket is such a wonderful color. It’ looks gorgeous on you!

January 18, 2017 at 5:43 pm (3 months ago)

Thank you so much Gretchen! You still need those black and creams but a bright one is just so fun!

2. Ana Prodanovic
    January 18, 2017 at 3:58 pm (3 months ago)

Love the way you paired these colors together! What a fun Winter look! πŸ™‚

anaprodanovich.com

January 18, 2017 at 5:42 pm (3 months ago)

Thanks Ana! Both are my favourite so it’s fun to put them together and even with them both being so bright they are really complimentary! Have a wonderful day beauty and thanks for the comment!!

3. Morgan England
    January 18, 2017 at 4:22 pm (3 months ago)

I need that bright color piece hanging in my closet! You are so right, I definitely need to invest in one this winter. Thank you for sharing!

XOXO Morgan England

January 18, 2017 at 5:42 pm (3 months ago)

I have never regretted it so I would bet you would love it just as much!! Have a wonderful day gorgeous!!

January 18, 2017 at 5:41 pm (3 months ago)

I know aren’t they!! Just what you need to brighten your day in all that snow!

4. Victoria
    January 18, 2017 at 4:59 pm (3 months ago)

I AM A HUGE FAN of bright jackets! I have a turquoise burberry that I’ve had for years and it’s my favorite!!

love this one girl!

xoxo,
    Victoria

January 18, 2017 at 5:32 pm (3 months ago)

They are so fun aren’t they! We need to see a blog post of your turquoise burberry jacket now!! xo

5. Zarrin
    January 18, 2017 at 5:50 pm (3 months ago)

I love your mindset about this! If you’re gonna have to wear a coat every day why not stand out! I wish I was as brave as you, but I love my black coat too much haha

January 18, 2017 at 5:53 pm (3 months ago)

It’s not about being brave! You could pick a coloured jacket that isn’t as bright as this one. Pick the darker shades or lighter shades like an olive jacket or navy blue, or on the lighter side pick a blush or baby blue. These don’t stand out as much as my bright blue but it gives you a bit of variety which is fun.

6. Helena Marz
    January 19, 2017 at 12:20 am (3 months ago)

That is such a cool colour jacket for winter! A lot of my jackets are black…l will have to try a different colour like red! πŸ™‚ Thank you for sharing❀️ Xo

7. Tiffani at Breton Bay
    January 19, 2017 at 5:06 pm (3 months ago)

When you have something that is great quality and makes you happy, you should wear it all. the. time. I love this color on you and I love that you paired with another bright color making the blue stand out even more!!

xoxo