Know Who you are

always be true to yourself. Never let someone else's idea of who you should be cloud your dreams and goals

Sometimes I feel like we know who we are, what we are meant to do and where we are going in life… Until something happens that shakes you. It makes you wonder if what you are doing is correct. What people think. If your wasting your time or if you should just keep pushing through.

I started really thinking about this recently when I went to an fashion event where I knew almost nobody and being shy found it hard to just randomly approach anyone. I started to wonder if I fit in, should I be there and what I was even doing. I love fashion so much and love to experience new things like this but at the same time I don’t consider myself uber fashion forward. I am a mom, on a budget and I love fashion because it makes me feel happy and allows me to express myself. When I left for the evening I was really confused because maybe I didn’t really belong in this industry. Is this the industry I wanted to be in? I most definitely am not the fashion blogger who dreams of getting that Gucci purse that only 5 people in the world can get.

I went home and proceeded to chat with my instagram friend who is amazing To thine own style be true and she reminded me why I am here.

I love fashion, I love being helpful, I love inspiring you to take back your own style, I love creating a community that value fashion, family and happiness.

Rock your style girl! You got this

Maybe I don’t fit into the high end fashion luxury brand clothing but that’s ok because that’s not who I am. Nor will it ever be who I am.

I like my budget finds, I like getting a great deal. I don’t care if someone has the same thing as me. I don’t need to have that one of a kind because I put my own spin on my style to make me one of a kind.

I hope my experience, although not entirely negative helps you get through your own insecurities should they ever arise. I hope that if you ever get put into the position where you feel like you don’t fit in you don’t worry about it. Remember who you are and why you do what you do. Don’t let anyone tell or make you feel otherwise. You are doing what you were meant to do, you are making yourself happy and you have your priorities set. For me my priority is my family, my happiness, my husband, staying present, sharing inspring styles with you to make you feel inspired. That’s enough for me.

Be true to you, be present and have a wonderful start to your week xo Jen

10 Comments on Know Who you are

January 31, 2017 at 3:41 am (5 months ago)

Thank you so much Amy! I hope it inspired you to have such a wonderful Monday! xo Jen

1. Shannon
    January 31, 2017 at 4:17 am (5 months ago)

This inspo is so needed on a Monday! Being true to yourself is SO important especially with blogging! I find the more true you are to yourself, the more it combats the pesky comparison game. Great post, girl!! xx Shannon

January 31, 2017 at 4:30 am (5 months ago)

Thanks so much Shannon! I am so glad you liked todays post and I agree the blogging world really really needs this kind of a reminder since we are so visual. Have a wonderful day!!

2. Amy
    January 31, 2017 at 5:42 pm (5 months ago)

Beautifully written! Thank you for inspiring so many of us. Have a blessed week. ❤

April 14, 2017 at 5:31 pm (2 months ago)

Awe thank you and your welcome! That’s the goal!

3. Jenna
    February 1, 2017 at 11:03 am (5 months ago)

This is such a beautiful reminder and I’ve definitely felt that same way. Thanks for sharing that much needed dose of inspiration!

Cheers, J

4. Helena Marz
    February 2, 2017 at 12:09 am (5 months ago)

Jen this was a very inspiring post! Just what I needed to read especially I do have some insecurities as we all do. Never let anyone make you feel that you are not good enough or that you won’t fit in because only you know who you are and that you have a lot to offer! Thanks for this inspiring post❤️ Xo

5. Heather
    February 5, 2017 at 7:36 pm (5 months ago)

I LOVE this!!! So important to remember! I often find myself thinking the same thing, but then remember we each bring something different to the table and there is no one “right” fashion. Fashion is unique in that it can be anything we really want it to be! Love your style! Keep being you!

xo,