New years Resolutions Refresh

Take a moment to reflect on your resolutions and be strong in achieving them

It’s the start of a new week, the middle of the month of January and I am kinda sitting here thinking… hmmm…. how are those New Years Resolutions coming along? Have I started to work my way towards my goals? Or am I falling short?

Kinda falling short. I say kinda because have I implemented anything to make changes and make things happen? Not exactly. But that also means that I may not be where I would like to be but there are steps that need to be taken in order to get to where you really want to go. For example I need to get more organized, focused and prepared for my blogging goals. So I am working my way through a course that helps you map out all your goals for the whole year and then break them down. I am changing my YouTube a little but so I am slowly implementing the ways you need to make that happen. My fitness goals are in place but need to be more planned and less sporatic… That said they are in motion so that is a success right there.

Changes don’t happen over night. New Years Resolutions don’t happen over night. Be gentle with yourself and with your goals. Allow for slip ups, allow for adjustments and keep your intention there. Every day is a new day, a new beginning and a chance to start a new. That fire is still in you so take each day slowly but go for it.

Someone I follow on Instagram wrote today that she needs to be more of a Lion and less of a Lamb this year. I loveΒ this analogy because think about it. When you are a lion you stand tall and proud, you stalk your prey/goals, and you pounce with the timing is right. A lamb is quiet and sits in the corner, to afraid or too gentle to take a step towards their goals. Be A Lion today and everyday. Go after your goals and know that you can. That you have earned them, deserve them and will celebrate every single win. Every day is a new day so go for it with all your heart.

I’d love to hear what your Lion challenges are for the year!
xo jen

12 Comments on New years Resolutions Refresh

1. Kathleen Blehl
    January 16, 2017 at 5:06 pm (8 months ago)

I love this analogy! I am definitely trying to be more of a lion this year by saying yes to more things and being open-minded!

January 18, 2017 at 2:20 am (8 months ago)

Good for you Kathleen!! It’s amazing what can come about when you aren’t afraid to give it a try! Good luck with your lion year!

2. Layne Fable
    January 16, 2017 at 5:18 pm (8 months ago)

I am in love with your jacket !!!! Black + white + a tough of red is such a great look! I love the lion and lamb analogy! great advice xx

January 18, 2017 at 2:20 am (8 months ago)

Thank you! It is such a cute jacket and the fit is so nice. A fellow instagrammer shared the lion and lamb analogy and i just loved it.

3. Tiffani at Breton Bay
    January 16, 2017 at 9:17 pm (8 months ago)

I am trying to to not be too tough on myself for holding myself accountable to my NY resolutions. Most of mine revolve around the blog and my family. I am trying to spend more one-on-one time with each of the 3 kids but also make time for myself. Before I know it, the day is over and something feels like it’s missed out on me…whether it’s the kids, the blog or cleaning the house. I am truly working on balancing it all out. Wish me luck!!

xoxo
    Tiffani

January 18, 2017 at 2:19 am (8 months ago)

Totally wishing you luck! It’s such a hard thing to find balance but as long as we don’t wear ourselves our and give ourselves a little slack we are doing the best that we can!

4. Liz
    January 17, 2017 at 5:15 am (8 months ago)

Everyday is a new chance so don’t be too hard on yourself. πŸ™‚ Happy Monday!

Liz

January 18, 2017 at 2:18 am (8 months ago)

Totally agree Liz! Thanks for your comment!!

5. Mary Kate
    January 17, 2017 at 6:58 am (8 months ago)

You’ve really thought through your resolutions! I still haven’t made solid resolutions, but focusing on spending more time with family is definitely one of them!

January 18, 2017 at 2:18 am (8 months ago)

I agree spending quality time with your family is so important. I don’t want to be so busy that I end up missing time that you can never get back with them. Good resolution!