I am so happy and excited to share today’s blog post about my skin care routine and how much taking care of your skin means to me! I’ve grown up with a mom that always encouraged me to take care of your skin. Her motto which was my grandmothers motto and is now mine is that “I am fighting the wrinkles before they come”. Since my teens I have always used skincare. I love finding companies who’s product works wonders, makes you feel amazing and isn’t crazy expensive. As much as I believe in taking care of your skin some price points just don’t fit in my budget and sometimes we just don’t have time for several steps. There are a few crucial steps that I believe are an absolute MUST!
MY FOUR STEPS:
- Makeup Remover – obviously this is necessary. Please do not ever leave your makeup on over night! Your poor eyes and lashes! Plus the next morning you look like a racoon and it’s not pretty.
– I use Cover Girls Makeup Remover For Your Eyes – It’s super affordable and has worked forever on me. Highly recommend it!
- Toner – Weirdly I love to see what my makeup remover missed and the toner really shows you. A few good reasons to have this in your routine is because it is extremely refreshing, closes up your pores and help to balance out the PH in your skin.
– Right now I am finishing off my Rodan + Fields Toner, which I like but the price point, buying in packages and the auto ship program I don’t like so I don’t recommend. I plan on switching over to the Lia Reese Botanicals Toner next. Everything I’ve tried from Lia Reese has been fabulous so I’m sticking with it.
- Moisturizer – ESSENTIAL!!! You skin gets so dry and beat up from the day. You need to nourish it and protect it to keep it looking and feeling it’s best. I do this step morning and night. It feels so so good to put on an amazing moisturizer. I recommend finding one that suits your skin… I’ve tried some that put on almost too much and they kinda grossly flake off, or you skin doesn’t feel moisturized at all.
– The one I am using right now I LOVE, it’s from Lia Reese called C Factor Cream. Like I said above I was using R+F so when I decided to end that program I DM’d Lia Reese on Instagram asking about which face cream would be best for me. I knew I wanted anti aging and had it narrowed down to 2. They got back to me right away and recommended the C Factor Cream. I tend to have sensitive skin so the scent scared me a little but she said it would be fine and that the Vitamin C would be really good. I didn’t break out at all and I cannot recommend this product and company enough.
- Eye cream – For me this is an essential because the first place wrinkles tend to show up first. I have no interest in having crows feet, or those little line in between your brows (that’s what I’m fighting) and lip lines. Eye cream obviously is used for the eye but you can also use it for your lips and between the brows, which is also what I use it for.
– Currently I am using two creams, both I am loving.
1. Caudalie Anti Wrinkle Eye & Lip Cream which I really like for between my brows and lips.
2. Lia Reese Botanicals Cucumber Peptide Cream – I LOVE this under my eyes. It smells like cucumbers which just reminds me of the spa and I find that when I put it on at night, when I wake up under my eyes look refreshed… Rather than looking dull, tired and dark. I’m just using a sample right now but plan on ordering the full bottle because I love it that much.
There are probably plenty more steps that could be added and maybe one day I will but for now I LOVE and adore how my skin feels after these steps.Also don’t forget to moisturize your neck!!! Everyone only does the face but the neck is a big spot that show’s aging first if you don’t take care of it.
I’d love to hear what is part of your makeup routine you love and recommend and your thoughts on my routine.
For those interested in trying Lia Reese I have a 25% off discount for you. Just use the code JENNLRC to get 25% OFF. I am pretty loyal to my brands when I find a good one so I really hope you check them out because I cannot say enough positive things about them for all the items I have tried.
Have a wonderful Monday!!