So lately I’ve had some Heath issues, a weird one called Trigeminal Neuralgia which essentially is the nerve in the side of my face electrocuting one side of my face randomly through out the day. At it’s worst the pain would drop me to the ground, curled into a ball and crying uncontrollably. Thankfully I was diagnosed correctly immediately, the medication started blocking the pain sooner than most and now I am able to function like myself with only a few moments of pain but nothing near the level it was.
I usually keep this blog very positive and inspirational because that is what I want you my readers to feel every time they read a post. As much as I put myself out there with my blog I really am a private person when it comes to things like this. I haven’t even told all my family. I don’t want anyone to ever worry about me and I honestly don’t like the attention.
With that said I am sharing today because I think it’s so important to really appreciate your health, your family and all that you have. Life can really throw you a curve ball that can derail your plans and make you realize how precious your life and health is and how much you took it for granted. I am so thankful for my amazing husband for stepping right in and taking over my mom things. SO thankful for his love and support. So thankful to my parents for their concern and volunteering to drive my kids to school. For my friends for all your concern, I love you all so much.
What I should have always known but have been reminded.
- Life is too short!
- Your health can change in an instant
- Love your family every moment
- When you are asked for snuggles or to check out how cute their bed was made, or to see their latest class project. DO IT! Don’t wait until later when you forget.
- Take care of yourself! Your body needs to be strong to handle whatever may come your way
- VITAMIN D!! I had no idea how important vitamin D is. We’ve all heard and if your like me just put it on the side burner. Get outside and get some vitamin D, it takes 10 minutes on the front and 10 minutes on the back during the day (strongest rays are then, not in the morning or the evening). I also take vitamin D supplements now. There is also sunscreen that blocks the bad rays and allows the good vitamin D rays in. I have been taking this religiously since my diagnosis as prescribed by the pharmacist and I know the medicine has started working faster than it should which I think is because my body is able to help fight the nerve pain as well.
- Vitamin C – This is really good for your body always and helps keep the colds away.
- Every day is a blessing. Your Family is a blessing. Your Health is a blessing.
- Life Is Too Short and you never know what is coming your way.
I have recently ordered myself a Jenny Present necklace which is a necklace that you can customize. This necklace is such a symbol for me now. It has a J for myself and my husband Jon, our wedding date and my children’s birth stones. I wear it every day and it is my reminder how special and lucky I am to have them. I will always be so so thankful for the love of my family and friends. For how lucky I am and how appreciative I am for all that I have.
If you want your own customized necklace please do visit Jenny Present because I am so thankful for my necklace and what it symbolizes to me.