How To Wear A Romper This Summer

How to wear a romper this summer

Rompers are such a great trend that I have been adoring for so so long! Unfortunately because I have a long torso I have tried and tried again but never seem to find a romper that fits right. Rompers usually have a gathered waist line which of course is different on every single person. So today’s post is all about How To Wear A Romper This Summer! A great choice since they do tend to be hard but definitely achievable!!

A good fitting romper should have the cinched waistline in your narrowest part of your midsection so that it gives you a flattering hour glass shape while of course hiding anything you want to be hidden. For myself that gather is usually too high and stretched right out rather than the cute tucked in shirt kind of a look that a well fitted romper should have.

such a cute romper for the summer, great paired with the clutch and wedge heels

That said every romper is different so don’t give up on them. If you see a cute one give it a try and you never know. I did with this cute floral romper I found at Marshall’s and was so incredibly impressed that it fit good and I loved it immediately. I’ve worn it out for drinks with the girls and also in Hawaii for cocktails.

How To Wear A Romper This Summer:

1. Find a romper you love – you may have to try them on again and again but hey I finally found one I love so I know you can too!!
  2. Rompers are great because you can wear them with flip flops or wedges. I love a great wedge heels because they are more stable than a normal heel, give it a fun playful look without being too over the top fancy.
  3. Accent the neckline! Rompers give you neck a display case for jewellery! If your going casual pair it with a simple necklace… Maybe try my Jenny Present custom Engraved necklace! Or make a bit more of a statement like I did with this pink leather and gold embellished choker necklace.
  4. Grab a cute clutch! clutches are perfect for carrying all your necessities and because they are small, there is no cross body to cover up the romper look and they don’t over complicate the look especially if you find a busy floral print like my romper.

OMG I just love these rompers! The first two are on sale to for $30 and from my favourite store!

MY STYLE:

Wedge mules are the perfect shoes for the summer! Looking at this super cute floral romper Looking at this super cute floral romper Cutest wedge heels! They are comfy and slip right on! Super cute floral romper for the summer
Love this floral romper! Super cute! How to wear a romper this summer such a cute romper for the summer, great paired with the clutch and wedge heels

36 Comments on How To Wear A Romper This Summer

July 10, 2017 at 4:23 pm (1 month ago)

Thank you so much beautiful! I really appreciate it and your comment!! xo

1. Brittany
    July 10, 2017 at 4:24 pm (1 month ago)

Such good finds- I love rompers (and jumpsuits!) one piece and done!

July 10, 2017 at 4:35 pm (1 month ago)

I know that is exactly how I feel too!! And you always get so many compliments about how nice you look! xo Jen

2. Linda
    July 10, 2017 at 4:30 pm (1 month ago)

Love your romper! You look beautiful!

Linda

July 10, 2017 at 4:36 pm (1 month ago)

Thanks so much Linda! Hope your having such a wonderful day!!

3. Stacie LaMothe
    July 10, 2017 at 4:38 pm (1 month ago)

What a great post! Lovee me a good romper and love all the style tips!

xoxo

July 10, 2017 at 4:41 pm (1 month ago)

Thanks Stacie so much for your comment! I’m glad you loved the style tips! xo Hope you have a wonderful Monday!!

4. Debbie Savage
    July 10, 2017 at 4:53 pm (1 month ago)

Jen, you look so gorgeous! I so want your long legs! The romper you are modeling is my favorite! Thank you for providing tips in helping me identify the one right for me AND how to accessorize it.
    xo Debbie | http://www.tothineownstylebetrue.com

5. Brigita Potocki
    July 10, 2017 at 5:16 pm (1 month ago)

Love rompers, but unfortunately I haven’t found the one that would suit me, so I kinda envy you 😉 You look great, and love those slip on wedges, too.

Brigita

July 10, 2017 at 5:18 pm (1 month ago)

You just have to keep giving them a chance! I cannot tell you how many rompers I tried on that looked terrible! I was seriously shocked when this one actually fit and I liked it lol. I think off the shoulder ones help too since they don’t have your shoulders pulling them up. Keep trying girl you might just accidentally find one! xo Jen Hope you had a great monday!!

July 10, 2017 at 6:23 pm (1 month ago)

Thank you! Isn’t that necklace really cute!? I love the gold embellishments on it.

6. Kate
    July 10, 2017 at 6:23 pm (1 month ago)

You styled this romper perfectly! Such an adorable look
    Kate || KATE KOUTURES

July 10, 2017 at 6:25 pm (1 month ago)

Thanks Kate! I appreciate your compliment so much! xo Happy Monday!!

7. Jenn Wang
    July 10, 2017 at 6:24 pm (1 month ago)

GIRL! This outfit is too cute to handle. The floral romper looks sooo good on you and I love the bright pop of color from your necklace!

Jenn

July 10, 2017 at 6:26 pm (1 month ago)

Thank you so much Jenn! It was such a great find at Marshall’s! Gotta love when that happens! xo

8. Alaya Scott
    July 10, 2017 at 6:34 pm (1 month ago)

Jen I love your style! That romper is so adorable and I feel like I’d be able to wear it to so many summer events. Thanks for linking those $30 rompers, I’m checking them out now! 🙂

July 10, 2017 at 6:39 pm (1 month ago)

Thank you so much for your comment!! You really made my day with it! Those $30 rompers are seriously so cute! I am loving the one that is similar with the off the shoulder and floral and such a great price!!! If you get one I want to see a photo lol!!

July 10, 2017 at 8:20 pm (1 month ago)

Thanks Lauren! It is such a good summertime romper!

9. Stephanie
    July 11, 2017 at 1:32 am (1 month ago)

Rompers might be my favourite item of clothing. So glad you found one to suit you! As a petite girl, I know the struggle to get the right fit. You look great!

July 23, 2017 at 7:19 pm (4 weeks ago)

Yeah it can be challenging but when you do find it in the right fit you are so thrilled and happy! Thanks so much love!

10. Marina
    July 11, 2017 at 3:13 am (1 month ago)

I love the Ettika leather wrap necklace with that romper!

July 23, 2017 at 7:18 pm (4 weeks ago)

isn’t it really pretty?! I love that you have Ettika in your store!

11. Meghan
    July 11, 2017 at 6:45 am (1 month ago)

Oh my god I absolutely LOVE this romper babe. The print is to die for!

July 23, 2017 at 7:18 pm (4 weeks ago)

Thanks so much Meghan! It was definitely such a great find!

12. Nicole Fuentes
    July 11, 2017 at 12:18 pm (1 month ago)

I’m right there with you on the wedges, they are so much more comfortable than regular heels. Great outfit!
    xx, Nicole

July 23, 2017 at 7:17 pm (4 weeks ago)

100% they are! I just feel more stable and ready for anything the day is going to throw at me with wedges over heels!

13. Katie
    July 11, 2017 at 6:32 pm (1 month ago)

Such a cute romper!

July 23, 2017 at 7:17 pm (4 weeks ago)

Thanks so much Katie!

14. Shelbi
    July 12, 2017 at 5:35 pm (1 month ago)

I love rompers and you’ve definitely have the legs for them. I’m weird, if I wear a romper that shows off my legs, I need long sleeves. If I wear one that shows off my arms, I need it to cover my legs, or I basically feel like I’m wearing a full piece swimsuit in public. Not to mention, every time I wear one and use a public bathroom with my toddler, he decides to open the door to the stall. I get caught with my pants down every time! 😉

Love ya, babe!

Shelbi | Urban Girl’s Closet

July 23, 2017 at 7:17 pm (4 weeks ago)

I usually stick with that theory too but I feel like when it gets warmer and you get used to the whole tank top and shorts look a romper with arms and legs showing doesn’t bother me anymore. However when you add a toddler who decides to open the door for you when your not ready or when you really have to go to the bathroom they can be a little challenging lol.
      Thanks so much babe for the comment!