We have been doing a little renovation over in our house, removing our flooring that is constantly separating whenever the kids are running around, which we then need to kick back into place. It was awful and so due for a change. However when you change out your floor you have to move EVERYTHING! It is great for removing all the junk that you have been hoarding over the years, those items you might want someday and then totally forget about. Everything must be moved and stored in other area’s of your house, only to be moved back so the next phase can begin. It’s a bit of a cleanse for yourself amongst a lot of chaos. I thought this was an important topic to share today because sometimes we make our lives a constant stage of chaos.
Think about it, we try to keep up with the craziness of our lives. The craziness to keep up with our neighbours and friends, to be that mom that has it all together. To always be in pursuit of that dream position or career. We are creating lives that are in a constant state of crazy. And for what? Does it matter if you are that mom who always volunteers and remembers that Valentines day is coming up (PS another mom reminded me of that and that I need to get cards FYI)? Or does it matter more that you show love to your children & make time to really talk with them when you see them after school? What are they going to remember more? I can tell you that I have no idea how many times my mom volunteered at school… sorry mom but I can’t remember any… BUT what I do remember is her always listening to me each and every day after school. Clearly that has more of an impact on me as a youth.
Another example, Social Media. This eats us up. We love it, at least I do… and then I hate it. I love connecting with you on social media and being able to actually chat with you in real time. I hate that algorithms break us apart and for me to be able to connect with you I have to be on it even more than I would have normally or the algorithm won’t let us see each other. That is such an extra level of chaos in our lives that is unnecessary. Never mind the amount of damage the constant need to be on social media, checking our stats, our comments, likes and what our friends are doing to our minds. I mean I can’t even watch a commercial before I am back on my phone checking updates. WHY DO WE DO THIS TO OURSELVES?
This renovation really makes me realize how in life you need to hit the pause button. To stop the chaos and relax. Kick your feet up, take the pressure off, enjoy your family, turn off that terrible addictive phone. Currently my chaotic home is making that pause really hard but it is the perfect example of how we are running our minds. We are constantly renovating in our heads. Constantly hoarding with very little decluttering.
Take the time to make yourself and your mind a happier healthier place. Here are 5 ways to fight the chaos in your life.
- Meditate, you home can be crazy but you are cleansing your mind and with your eyes closed you would never know the craziness surrounds you. Instead you are bringing peace and quiet.
- Treat yourself to a face mask. Something special just for you, or include your mini me. Mine loves having a face mask.
- Write down the thoughts that keep circulating in your head. If you take moment to write them down it allows your mind to clear and then follow up with your list at a later date.
- Sleep. Make sure you are getting a good amount of sleep each night, this will have such an impact on your health, your weight, your alertness, your ability to just function in general.
- Go to your favourite place. If you have a place you can escape to then do it. In the summer for me it is the lake. The sound of water and the way it moves captivates me and allows me to relax. In the winter the mountains are great. Closer to home sometimes just making time for a friend or your hubby can do the trick.
Now that we have talked about decluttering our minds let’s finally get to chatting about this cute look! Being the small boutique supporter that I am (Seriously love it!) I couldn’t resist picking up this sweater dress with the cutest bow back from House Of Angelica in Banff on our last trip – You can see our visit, where to stay, to eat, shop and what to do here.
House of Angelica is just over a year old so if you haven’t visited lately you definitely need to check this cute store out. The owner is the sweetest and will be featured on an upcoming Inspired Boss Babes Series.
I’ve paired this sweater dress as all sweater dresses should be with some Over The Knee Boots (mine are on sale from $150 to under $50) and a leather jacket I picked up from another local boutique Frock Box. To add a little pop I brought in some pink with my necklace and clutch. I am such a fan of adding punch with pops of colour. My next way to style this dress is with some denim, which looks really great and then also reversed so the bow is in the front and untied. Super super cute!!
- House Of Angelica Sweater Dress
- Over The Knee Boots
- Faux Leather Jacket From Frock Box (similar)
- Pink Necklace old (Similar, Similar)
- Pink Multi-Clutch from Poppy & Peonies – You can get this one with multiple flap colours that are interchangeable. (similar, similar)
Now I want to hear from you! What is causing your chaos and clutter in your life and how are you managing it?
Thank you so much for reading today’s post, please comment with how you manage chaos and of course share it because you never know who is dealing with a little craziness in their lives and need a reminder on how to mange it.