I think it’s really important to have mentors in your life. Now after staying that I don’t mean someone you necessary ask them to be your me your but someone you can look up to. They don’t need to be the all encompassing perfect mentor for you. All they need is to have the ability to inspire you. Make you want to be a better person, a better person in business and lift you up. They can be there to support you, be available when you have questions or really help guide you in the direction you desire.
Take today to really think about inspires you. By writing it down you will really realize who is your mentor, why they are your mentor, if you want to reach out to them and how you want to use them as a role model in your life.
Here’s a few of my mentors. I pick mine based on their successes in life, their ability to see the positive, how they work with kids, how they support myself and others around them and most important someone who has heart.
If you have no heart in life business and family then you aren’t the type of mentor for me.
I absolutely adore Meghan from MakeupandMeg because she really has a passion for educating people, creating a business she loves and her personality shines through everything she does.
WHAT I ADMIRE:
– She Video Blogs: I think posting videos of yourself talking about a product or experience is really awesome and definitely something that I look up to. I personally would love to do some but I’ll admit it totally intimidates me. I’ve tried it once and it was a bit of a fail lol. I am too critical of myself and mess up my words. I am much better at positing photos and writing my words down.
– She Hosts Events: She creates her own events and goes for it. She has hosted customer appreciate events, makeup seminars and even shares events from others in order to help build them up. It’s really not easy and a bit of a risk to host these events and I admire that she isn’t afraid to take the chance.
– She Has Heart: You can tell that she really loves what she does, she is very honest about her experiences through her blog, social media and in person. You can feel that her goal is to lift people up and brighten their day.
The DIY Mommy is pretty cool to follow because I am always in awe of what she is doing. She has had a successful handmade clothing company, co-creator of the trade show Weestock, she blogs at thediymommy.com, she was just awarded Western Canada’s Next Home Stylist AND she does all of this while being home with her 3 little girls!
WHAT I ADMIRE:
– Her List Of Accomplishments With Kids: Having kids at home with you is an amazing experience and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. That said sometimes it is easy to lose yourself in the shuffle of kids, schedules, activities and just life. I admire how she has been able to continue creating such a huge list of accomplishments while integrating her kids into the mix.
– She Is So Creative: If you follow The DIY Mommy you will see exactly what I am talking about when it comes to her creativity. She shows ideas from home decorating, to kids crafts, adult crafts, fashion and recipes. I love how she embraces all these different areas of her passions and shares them with her readers.
– She’s Not Afraid: Applying for a competition like Western Canada’s Next Home Stylist is a pretty big thing and could definitely be intimidating. I love how she went for it, shared it and won! Look at all she has accomplished. That does not come without fear but it also does not come without determination and believing in yourself. She is such a good role model when it comes to believing in yourself.
Do you have a friend who you can tell anything and they will always lift you up? Who is always on your side as a personal cheerleader? A friend like me who is looking to put her mark on the world. Creating something from the ground up to call her own. I have the dearest friend who is such an inspiration to me.
WHAT I ADMIRE:
– She Cares So Much For Her Family: When your driven to make your mark on the world it can be a little consuming. I admire how even though she wants to achieve such great things she is always making time for her family and husband. I think it’s so important to realize that if you create this dream career and success it means absolutely nothing if you don’t have your family to share the ride with you. She is such an inspiration because she is going for what she wants and is doing it all being fully aware of how important family is.
– She Is So Smart: Erin is my marketing guru and I am always amazed by the amount of knowledge she has in this area. She can blow you away with her ability to tell you how you should be marketing your business, who you should be talking to and boosting your confidence about the direction you are headed.
– She Isn’t Afraid To Take A Chance: Starting your own business is always a risk. You are risking a lack of money in the start up, you are hustling to create business and keep it coming through the door, then you are trying to figure out how to make it all work with your life and keep your balance somehow. I love how she believes in herself and she goes for it. This lady is the biggest inspiration, we are so similar in our lives and I appreciate so much that I have her to look up to.
I am very lucky to have such wonderful supportive parents who have always been there for me. Their entrepreneurial spirit was instilled in me at a very early age and I have always known because of them I can accomplish anything I put my mind to.
WHAT I ADMIRE:
– Family Environment: My parents always made me feel that my sister and I came first. I have so many family memories that have really created who I am today and who I want to be. I am so appreciative to all their sacrifices they made to ensure I was able to enjoy and try out all that life has to offer.
– Business Success: I was able to watch my parents start their company from the ground up. Although I was pretty young to really see all the hard work that went in it still showed me what was possible with hard work. That you can achieve greatness with a little blood, sweat and tears. I watched my mom work from home when we were kids so that she could be home with us, I watched my dad leave early every day and then come home at dinner time. With all this hard work I was also able to see the payoff and how I want to create that someday too.
– Supportive: I am SO LUCKY to be able to say that I can go to both my parents when I have a question, need advice or just need a friend to talk to. I always know that they are here for me and I have also learned from them being such good role models that I want to create this environment for my family. I cannot imagine being where I am today without having this huge support system.
I am so lucky to be able to say that I married my best friend, the man that I want to spend the rest of my life with and grow old together. In a day where divorce is so prevalent I am very blessed and lucky to have met, married and had a family with my dear husband. He is my strongest support and I only hope that I can be his strongest support.
WHAT I ADMIRE:
– Caring Supportive Father: Kids are so wonderful but kids are also very hard. There is no book specific to your kids and I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful caring partner to share parenting with. I can look up to him as a parent, the way he shows our children so much love, so much support and strength. He is such an amazing father and it is so great to be able to watch him parent, learn and grow from him and with him. We are a team and I appreciate it so much.
– His Outgoing Personality: I have always been shy so his energetic personality has really inspired me to break out of my shell a little bit and enjoy life a little more. He is always inspiring me to have more fun, be a little more spur of the moment and appreciate everything I have. He isn’t afraid to be him and share it with the world. I look forward to learning from him and out vibrant personality, for my kids to look up to him and grow their vibrant personalities because of him.
– His Love: This man is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I feel so much love from him everyday and I am so thankful to him for being such a wonderful husband and mentor to me. As I said before I sometimes get caught up in life and don’t take the time to really appreciate and show my love so I am so thankful that I have such an amazing husband to share our travels with. Love you babes.
I hope today’s mentors post helped you to see who in your life is your mentor. It doesn’t have to be someone famous, a business coach or even a specific business. It is personalized to you and where you want your life to go. For me my mentors are less about business and more about being the person I want to be. Family and friends are the most inspirational mentors I have.
Have a lovely start to your week!