Travelling somewhere hot? This seems to be the time of year that everyone takes a vacation away from the cold and snow. If you are one of those lucky ones who leave the cold for a hotter destination then today’s post about packing for vacation is perfect for you!
I am a bit of a shopper if you can’t already tell so I usually pack the essentials and then plan on purchasing more clothing while I am there. Here are some of the essentials that you will need to get you by.
- Racer Back Tank Top from SHOPBOP -I live in these shirts. Seriously. A casual tank top like this should always be in your packing list. It’s great to wear with your shorts, capris, maxi skirts and workout gear. It is so versatile, perfect for tanning with hot weather and can be accessorized in any way.
- The must have Barcelona Cami from Express – This top is reversible so you get lots of wear out of it without anyone even knowing your wearing the same top again. I have this in black and grey so of course the black goes with everything and looks super elegant for a dinner out. PS right now this cami is 30% OFF!!
- Aztec Tank Top from Express – Add some patterns and fun to your tops by wearing something like this aztec tank top. It’s great because it looks awesome but perfect for vacation, relaxing and getting a little bit of sun.
- Zip Front Cami from Express – I have this top in black as well and I would also consider it a must have. I get so many compliments on it, you can zip it up or unzip it a little for a bit of a sexier look. There is another awesome sale on this tank! Regular $40 on for $20 with an additional 20% OFF!!
I like to have some fun with my shorts, get a few pairs that are plain and go with anything but then have bright coloured shorts and shorts with patterns. The key is to build your wardrobe up with colours that coordinate so when your packing for vacation you can easily wear everything together.
- Polka Dot Shorts from Club Monaco – Scalloped shorts are definitely on trend this year and how can you resist the polka print? This would be really cute with everyday wear but also with a pair of black stroppy heels.
- Jean Shorts from 7 For All Mankind – This is a staple and should be included in everyones wardrobe.
- Tribal Print Shorts from Dillards – I couldn’t resist sharing these shorts! I am picturing these with a cute casual tank top or even the zip up one.
- Coloured Shorts from Dillards – Another item I would consider a staple. Adding lots of coloured shorts to your wardrobe is a fun way to bring in colour. It also is fun because with your basic tank tops any colour would always match. These shorts come in coral, mint and white.
Another must have for your summer vacation wardrobe! There are so many styles to choose from so think about picking ones that will take you from day activities to night activities. Here are some fabulous finds and essentials.
- Maxi Dress from Boohoo – I have a few of these at home because they are so comfortable and incredibly flattering. The extra perk is these ones are only $16!
- White Lace Dress – White is another trend that is really big right now. The reason that I picked this dress is because of the extra detailing that is on the front. The patterned from draws some attention to that area and the patterned belt draws attention to the narrowest part of the waist giving a slimming look. Plus it’s a pretty cute dress.
- The Printed Maxi Dress – With the comfort of the first maxi dress this dress has a great pattern and cut for the top. You will be pretty surprised by how many compliments you get on a dress like this.
- Hot Coral Dress – I really love dresses like this, the kind that looks comfy and cute but could easily be dressed up for cocktails.
- Printed Underwire Bikini Top – Adore! These tops are so hot and this one with it’s pattern is gorgeous. Such a glamourous way to lay out and enjoy the sun.
- Beaded Crochet Cover Up – Coverups are such a must. Having a black one like this will really look beautiful but also be great when you are wet since it won’t show any water marks.
- Victoria’s Secret Tease Halter Top – I really love the fit of Victoria’s Secret bikinis. I have spent hours in swim suit stores trying on suits and coming out with maybe one if I am lucky. The last time I tried on victoria’s secret swim suits I went in with 4 and came out with 2. That is really good odds considering previous experiences at swimwear boutiques.
- Hole Jacquard Cover Up – This top covers, looks sexy and also looks really comfortable so I had to include it.
- Mara Hoffman Jocasta Top – Patterns! So much fun and it looks really comfortable.
What are you packing for your vacation?